Monday, May 26, 2008

Ixtlan, Rattlesnake, Turquoise, Prayer, and Women With Hats

Hi Again,

Now, Coyote, that Ol' Coyote, walked on the
road to Ixtlan. He was thinking about mescal,
coffee beans, and women with hats.

"Now, that's a strange scene, isn't it?"

"What's strange?" Coyote said. He looked
about, trying to discern the source of the
comment.

"Why, the women with hats, of course."

Coyote scanned the bushes, rocks, and desert
terrain until he saw Rattlesnake sunning himself
near a group of Yucca plants.

"It was just a thought. I'm sorry to disturb you."

"That's allowed. But, why on earth would twelve
women be walking about the desert wearing
blue and green hats? Did they buy the hats at
the market in Ixtlan? I doubt whether there are
twelve blue and green hats in all of Ixtlan."

"It was just a thought. . ."

"Were you drinking mescal, Coyote?"

"I was thinking about mescal. I was also thinking
of coffee beans."

"That's interesting, Coyote. . ."

"Come with me to Ixtlan, Rattlesnake. I'm hoping
to have a cup of coffee, there."

"I'm content in the company of the Yucca plants,
Coyote."

"Okay."

"Now, tell me, why were the women wearing blue
and green hats?"

"I think I know what's happening. . . "

"Indeed, you do. Tell me about it, please."

"The hats were covered in turquoise. Blue and
green turquoise. How beautiful!"

"Interesting, Coyote."

"Yes, it's all so clear, now."

Clear, Coyote?"

"Yes."

"Tell me about it, then."

"The women were praying and healing the
desert, Rattlesnake. Blue and green turquoise
are for prayer and healing."

"Indeed."

"How wonderful. Imagine, those women are
caring for the desert, while I walk to Ixtlan for
a cup of coffee."

"Marvellous! You must feel so pleased,
Coyote."

"Yes. You know, the world is a wonderful and
mysterious place, Rattlesnake."

"See those clouds, Coyote, I think it will thunder,
lightning, and rain, soon."

"Yes, the desert needs thunder, lightning, and
rain."

"Good day, Coyote."

"Good day, Rattlesnake."

Good day, everyone,
LaurieC

No comments: