Saturday, June 30, 2007

Maria and the Woman of My Dreams

Well, that's quite a title for a blog post -- it'll likely
grab some attention;)

I was sitting outside this morning, drinking my tea,
and pondering what to write about, when I realized
I should write about the woman of my dreams -- the
fantasy woman of my consciousness -- the woman
who best sums up my attraction to and fascination
with the opposite sex.

This woman is mysterious, with deep, dark eyes,
and flowing black hair -- a sorceress, if you like, who
moves freely between various levels of consciousness,
as only a woman can do. Yet, she is very much of the
earth -- kind, loving, and caring.

I call this woman "Maria". It's a beautiful Latin name,
that I chose years ago. You see, back in the 1970s, I
met a sparkling South American girl from Colombia.
I've never forgotten her and we're still good friends.
Then, later, I became intrigued with the "trickster"
figure which appears in many cultures. Ol' Coyote, in
particular, caught my attention. I realized that I had
an element of Coyote in me, and that I could play the
role very well.

Later, I put Maria and Coyote together -- she's the
perfect woman for him. She's as devilish and fun as
Coyote himself! Add to this my love of the Southwest,
my fascination with the deserts of that land and in
Mexico, and you have the perfect ingredients for an
on-going tale. So, Maria became the dark eyed beauty
of the desert, as mysterious and delightful as any
character you might ever imagine.

Do you really think anyone can match this Maria of
my dreams? As time passed, I met a second woman
who charmed me as much as my Colombian friend.
Together, they practically become Maria, and even
as individuals, they approach her very closely.

So, now, when you hear me mention Ol' Coyote and
Maria, you know where I'm coming from.

All the best!
LaurieC

2 comments:

Pixie said...

Hello Coyote,

Now you know someone has to ask the question...and it looks like it is going to be me.

Who could have possibly even come close to your Maria? Now do tell and cure our curiosity :))

Don't you all think Coyote should fess up? If I knew who it was I might just be tempted to play match maker...and you know I don't like doing that;)

Truth or dare Coyote,
Pixie;)

Laurie CoyoteCrow said...

Hi Pixie,

Ha ha, enjoyed your comments:)

Well, the two women I mention in the post, come close to my Maria. But, I don't want to mention names . . . . Well, I could mention first names, I suppose. Then, again, I might as well skip it:))

Actually, I've got a clue for you. One of the women is pictured on a website of mine. She's the Colombian woman I met in Halifax, in the 1970s.

The other woman . . . well, I'll likely say more about her at some point down the road.

All the best,
LaurieC