Sunday, June 24, 2007

That Clinging -- Oh, That Clinging Problem!

You'll get my drift, soon enough! :)

You know, one of the biggest things we can learn
in terms of relationships, is to avoid "clinging"
behaviour. This is especially a problem among
men, although women aren't immune to it.

In many respects, women are more independent
minded, when it comes to relationships. Now, I
know I'm treading on thin ice, so to speak, and I
don't mean to imply that it always holds true. And,
too, cultural background plays a big role in this
regard.

Anyhow, let's put the debate to rest for the moment,
and focus on clinging behaviour. In some respects,
we men need to apply some anti-static to our
relationships. :)

How to begin?

Well, for one thing, communicate! I've been terrible
at this in the past. I'll be the first to admit it. I seem
to get lulled into a strange state where I don't talk
a lot. It's due partly to contentment, partly to a
satisfaction with the present state, and partly that
I appreciate silence and non-verbal communication.

On the other hand, I may have a mental probelm:))

Ask your partner her opinion in the matter. Are you
clinging? Does she have space? If she tells you that
she needs more space, then that's the opening you
need, to discuss the matter.

Decide, together, what to do about it. We all need
space, and time to do things on our own.

There are many reasons behind clinging behaviour,
including lack of self-confidence, jealously, just to
mention two things. We can get into those things
in future posts.

The main thing is to apply the anti-static, and get
the hell off your partner's coat tails! Geez, am I ever
good at this stuff! :) Now, if I can only learn to
consistently express myself this well, verbally. Wow!
The women will love me for it!

Ol' Coyote will return, shortly;)
LaurieC

1 comment:

Pixie said...

Hello Coyote,

Now Maria must have been talking to you about this, because it makes sense...men normally don't understand these things:)

Now about the part of a mental problem...that is the way we all like you:))) I couldn't resist!

Take care,
Pixie;)