Monday, June 18, 2007

Some Notes on A Manuscript

Hi,

Well, did you know that Ol' Coyote's in possession
of a hand-written, 783 page manuscript, concerning
love, intimacy, and other good stuff. Oh yes, I call
it my "monster manuscript," because it has taken
on a life of its own. Whenever I become involved with
the manuscript, it seems to take over a good portion
of my life and thought.

It's really quite complicated and involves a number
of characters. The manuscript is currently entitled,
Joseph's Journal: A Search for Love, Intimacy and
Passion. The title could easily change, as things
develop. At the moment, I have it stuffed away in
my attic, gathering dust.

Joseph, the chief character, has an eccentric uncle
who is quite enamoured with things erotic -- all things
erotic. It's quite interesting when they get together
for coffee, to discuss Joseph's Journal. This uncle,
by the way, is my characterization of the ideal uncle
I never had.

I'll not say anything more about the manuscript. It's
quite complex, serious, funny, and involves Ol' Coyote,
among an array of other silly, neurotic, odd, and
humourous characters.

Some time between now and next spring, I do intend
to make my way to the attic, walk carefully through
dust, spider webs, and other obstacles, to retrieve the
manuscript, and allow it to take over my life once
again. I'll let you know when it happens. Of course,
those close to me will probably know when it happens.
I do tend to take on the nature of the manuscript.

Well, so long for now, or, as Willie Nelson sings,
"on the road again".

LaurieC

2 comments:

Pixie said...

Laurie Lacey,

You keep tempting us with your manuscript...I think we should all get together and help you find it... and then help you put it on here for us all to read:)

Anyone care to help...I know where he lives.

Mischievous Pixie;)

Anonymous said...

I'm in, I'll hold him down and you pilfer and plunder.;)

Kelly